Phillipians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Last Spiritual Training of Week Two

I learned a valuable lesson yesterday, and one that I can apply to my spiritual walk as well. It's important for us to remember that life isn't a sprint. It's not about going hard for 100 yards and then stopping. Life is about pacing ourselves, running the race as it is marked out for us.

Now, some people have different kinds of races marked out. Some have 5ks, some have 10ks, some have half-marathons, and some have full marathons. Even still, none of those are sprints or quick little runs. They take time. They take endurance.

That is what this whole thing has been about for me, building my endurance both physically and spiritually. Keeping focused on what it is I'm doing this for. For me, the physical endurance is about supporting causes I care about, it's about building my endurance up to play soccer again for a full 90 minutes without tiring, and it's about being physically fit and happy with who I am (not that I'm not).

But beyond that, it's about the spiritual endurance. It's about the focus, the determination, and the drive to finish what I've started. It's about gathering support for myself, and others, when we need it most. It's about growing in faith, and learning that when I can't, He can. And it's about learning how to run this race of life, and to do so effectively.

I thank you for joining me on this endurance building project. It means a lot to know I have friends and family who will read these posts and maybe get something out of them, too. It means a whole heck of a lot to have friends who are joining me in one part of this training or another.

Thank you, sis. Thank you, Jess. You two are inspirations for me.

Most of all, thank you Ellen. Keep pressing on in faith!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment