Phillipians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Oops...

Well, with a busy past couple of days I managed to miss out on posting (however I still did the personal time with God on Monday and it was good). So I'm going to go ahead and post all three catch-up posts today.

Last post I mentioned how we sometimes lose sight of or seem to forget how far from the finish line (or goal) we are. This holds true in our physical lives as well as our spiritual ones. We are called to run this race of life, as marked out according to our Savior Lord Jesus Christ.

"...and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1b


I kind of chuckle at that part of the verse because it says to run with perseverance. To me, that would signify a race that is not short nor is it easy. After all, sprinters don't really have to persevere when it's only 40 yards. Long-distance runners have to persevere. They have to push past the body's desire to slow down or stop to allow their body a chance to catch up. Much like our sinful nature causes us to slow down or stop in our spiritual races.

When we look ahead at the goal, the finish line, as it is marked out for us we may find it easier to persevere. After all, our lives are but vapors in the wind. Here today, gone tomorrow. Keep pressing forward, the race, after all, is one step closer to being finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment