Phillipians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Week One: Physical Training Three

Let me just start off by saying that heat and humidity and high ozone and high pollen makes it extremely hard to breathe deeply when trying to run. Even still, I've completed my third physical training of the first week of this journey.

It's funny, too, because I lost track of the number of times I had done the intervals and which interval I was on. I thought I was on the seventh interval, and I was hurting to get the breaths I needed to continue the jog. I kept thinking, "I still have another jog after this one to finish. I'll never make it. I can't get the deep enough breaths." Lo and behold, the app binged at me to inform me the final jog was over and I was into the cooldown walk.

Obviously, that stunned me. Here I was struggling with the next to the last jog of the day, barely making it to the end of it (okay, I was short by like 5 seconds)...and it was actually the last one. I had become so overwhelmed by having one more to go I didn't push that little bit extra I know I could have.

It's interesting how that can tie into our spiritual walks as well. But more on that tomorrow...


P.S. -- I've noticed I am really not sore at all after this workout. So yay for marked improvement!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment