Phillipians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Spiritual Training Week Two

I apologize for not getting a post up yesterday. I frankly just got sidetracked by a hundred different things, and just never got to it. I could sit here and make a hundred and one excuses, but I've begun to realize with this blog if I can't be honest with myself, how can I expect to be honest with God?

So here I am typing this post up as my buddies are in the other room playing poker with about 20 other guys, maybe more. I'm amazed at how blessed I've been with the friends I have.

I can honestly say that my friends have helped me through the worst times in my life, when I felt I had nothing left to give. And that's something that's had me thinking lately. God doesn't always speak to us directly, sometimes He chooses our friends to speak to us.

I can remember a time when one of my buddies and I were in the car driving somewhere, and he told me about a dream he'd had. At the time it didn't make sense to him, nor did it to me, but nonetheless there was a message in there. I look back and see God pointing at a part of me that I simply could not comprehend at the time. Now, here I am, reflecting upon that, and realizing how awesome that friend has been.

Sure, there are times we all want to tell our friends off for this or for that, but frankly, we couldn't survive without them. I know, at least, I couldn't. Every friend is in our lives for a reason, for a purpose, and if we just take the time to listen we maybe will just find out what that is.

I hope you are as blessed by your friends as I am by mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment