Phillipians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Week Two: Physical Training Three

Physical trainings for the week completed. Yay for that.

To be honest, this training was the toughest so far. I was tired to begin with, had just eaten a big meal at Casa Ole -- by the way, Mexican food, big meal, and running do NOT go well together --, and to make matters worse I ran full-out on the first jog interval.

Ninety seconds of running doesn't sound like much, but it broke my rhythm. It decimated my focus, too. To top it all off, it wore me out faster, because my body isn't used to sprints or full-runs yet. I've developed a certain rhythm, a certain pace, that works.

And I simply pushed too hard too fast, and I paid the price. I cut off early on a couple of jogs, but I made it nonetheless. I was extremely tired when I got home, but I made it in spite of the weariness.

The worst part of it all is that because I pushed so hard so fast, it threw off the entirety of the rest of my training for the thirty minutes. The music didn't help to refocus me. I couldn't stay focused at all on the goal, the target. I felt like all I was doing was running for the sake of running. It was hard, and I had to push through.

It was a good lesson, though, and one I am glad to have learned. It's not a 100-yard dash, it's a 5K run.

No comments:

Post a Comment