Phillipians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Week Two: Physical Training Two

About half way done with the week already. Wow, how time flies!

Today was interesting. I had intended to start my run earlier than I did, but my dad needed some help up at the office. Somehow, my jog happened at about 7pm or so. Pretty late for me. But the weirdness didn't stop there.

After the first two jogs, on the third jog interval, my music stopped out of the blue and right as the timer had switched over to a new jog interval. It's so hard for me right now to do 90 seconds of jogging without music. The music really helps to distract my mind, and yet keep me focused on the task at hand as well. Either way, that ninety seconds was the hardest ninety seconds I've had this week. Then it got even more interesting...

Somehow, in turning the music back on, the C25K App stopped timing, and reset itself back to the beginning of the workout. So I was three jogs in, warmup walk done, and the darn thing acted like I still had the whole series to do.

I thought about it for a second and decided to do another 5 minute warm-up walk to try to keep my heart pumping and my muscles loose. Unfortunately, at the four minute mark, I had slowed down enough my body began to relax. I began to feel my muscles tightening and I became more sore. Even worse, my energy level was diminishing quickly. Then the timer went off for my jog, and I had to push myself hard to get it done.

But I got it done. Then I did the walk. Then the next jog. Then the next walk. I began the next jog, and I had to stop about 5 seconds short. Same with the next jog. I did one more jog, and I simply could not continue.

I checked the time I'd done for the second workout. The timer showed I'd been through 19 minutes of the training, which was a total of 30 minutes (two 5 minute walks on either end of 20 minutes alternating jogs and walks). That meant I'd done 14 minutes out of 20, leaving about 6 minutes left. That meant I had two jogs according to the timer, left.

I'd already done them, however, and so I realized I'd made it. It was kind of refreshing, and I gave a good chuckle at the result. I didn't cramp up like I had previously, and even now my muscles aren't too sore.

All in all, it was a good workout, even in the midst of my frustrations...funny thing about frustrations, they make us forget what we were focusing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment